Malik McDowell Wiki
Malik McDowell Biography
Who is Malik McDowell?
Malik Devon McDowell is an American football defensive tackle for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. After playing college football for Michigan State, he was selected in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks. Wikipedia
Date of birth:
Date of birth: June 20, 1996 (25 years old), Detroit, Michigan, United States
Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik McDowell was arrested for public exposure and hitting an officer in Florida on Monday after police responded to a report that a man was walking naked near a school.McDowell’s alleged “violent attack” in Deerfield, Beach, Florida left the officer “stunned,” according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Malik McDowell arrested and charged
McDowell, 25, 6-foot-6, 295 pounds, is charged with public exposure, violent resisting arrest and assault on a law enforcement officer.The arrest began when police received a call saying a naked man was walking near a school.Broward County (Florida) police did not immediately respond to a DailyMail.com request for an arrest record.
This is not McDowell’s first legal problem.
In 2017, he was arrested for DUI and disorderly conduct and in 2019, he got into a drunken fight with Michigan police and later received a two-game suspension from the NFL.
McDowell’s 2019 arrest became national news after video surfaced showing McDowell fighting with multiple police officers at a gas sation in Lathrup Village, Michigan. It was later revealed that his blood alcohol level was over twice the legal limit.
“We are aware of the very concerning incident and arrest involving Malik McDowell and are in the process of gathering more information,” a Browns spokesman said in Tuesday’s statement. “We understand the seriousness of this matter and our thoughts are for the well-being of all involved. We will have no further comment at this time.
He had been a highly touted second-round pick in 2017, but after signing a four-year, $6.95 million contract with the Seattle Seahawks, McDowell had an ATV accident in 2017 and was placed on the reserve/non-reserve list. informed.
In the end, the team fired him for a non-football related injury, costing him millions in the process.
Quicks and Facts
- Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Malik McDowell was reportedly arrested for public exposure and beating a deputy in Deerfield Beach, Florida on Monday
- Police were responding to a report that a naked man was walking near a school
- The 25-year-old Detroit native’s alleged ‘violent attack’ left officer ‘dazed’
- In 2017, he was arrested for DUI and disorderly conduct and in 2019, he had a drunken brawl with Michigan police and later received a two-game suspension
- McDowell ultimately pled guilty to assault, resisting arrest, and operating a vehicle while intoxicated for the 2019 incident. He reportedly is still on probation
- He was a highly-touted second-round pick in 2017, but after signing a four-year, $6.95 million contract with Seattle, McDowell got into an ATV accident in 2017
- He resurfaced in the NFL in 2021 with the Brows, starting 16 games for Cleveland
- McDowell will become a free agent in March, so the arrest may cost him his job